Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Web Crazy, and From the Mouth of Husband

Everyone's talking web pages at the moment. Good ones, bad ones, what puts a site in column a and what relegates it to column b. Shannon's wondering about her own site (which is great) and so's Jaci (worth following the links in that one).

Appropriately enough, I've been wrestling through what I want for my own website, a process I've found as exciting as it is daunting. I've been mulling over tag lines, and thought I'd share one of Husband's offerings:-

Getting Squelchy at Gunpoint

Perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went to Staples today to stock up on office stuff and stationery (bliss). I made the mistake of taking Husband, who promptly disappeared into the computer section, then emerged to drag me back in there. He wanted to show me the new computer he HAD to have...

"Look, darling," I said to him. "The windows are falling out of our house and we can't even afford to fix them, WHY would we buy another computer?"

"Don't worry, it's okay!" he said, earnest, boyish innocence shining from his big, brown eyes, "it comes with Windows already installed..."

He narrowly escaped death.

7 Comments:

At 6:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is "getting squelchy" a euphemism? Knowing Husband I daresay it is, but I'd like to make sure.

 
At 7:18 pm, Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

Oh, that is FUNNY. I think I would have slugged him right there in the store! ;-)

 
At 8:45 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

I did, Melissa, I did. But he ducked. ;-)

Ah, yes. Getting squelchy is indeed a euphamism. So common in our household that it didn't occur to me I might have to explain.

Um.... you know when Mrs Slocombe in Are You Being Served would talk about her pussy being wet and the audience would laugh, and (if you were as young as me when you were watching it) you would wonder why?

Well it's like that.

I'm now going to go and tell Husband he forced me to explain it on the web...

 
At 3:08 am, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

Lol, evil husband, evil. :)

I've had a website for some time now, a byproduct of designing websites for the departments where I worked as secretary.

 
At 9:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna--all you had to say was "yes". I could figure it out from there.

But thanks for the explanation anyway.

 
At 9:42 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

ggg

Yeah, but I enjoyed explaining, really... ;-)

 
At 1:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Okay, I find that funny. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home