Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Reviewing Resolutions

Last year, about this time, I said:

As someone who leans towards the emotional, anxious, thinks-too-much character type, the introspection of New Year's eve can be a tricky time. The perennial resolutions of lose weight, get published and get pregnant weigh heavily (A-ha. Ha. Ha.) on the mind, a kind of leaden Holy Grail.

I'd just like to take a moment to shake my fist at my pessmistic self and say, "I lost two stone and sold my first book, f***wit!!!"

I also made some Frivolous resolutions last year, that I'd like to review...

1) I resolve that in 2006 chocolate eating shall be a transcendental experience, not simply a desperate search for sustenance and seratonin. Chocolate will be savoured, gloried in, and celebrated. I resolve to eat more high-quality confectionary, and less junk chocolate. Dark chocolate, cherries and kirsch may well feature strongly in the enacting of this resolution.

Yes, achieved good and solidly. I have certainly suckled at the teat of the Great God Chocolate.

2) Next Year I shall wear Red Shoes as often as possible. Since I have today bought two pairs of red shoes, and my sister in law gave me a very grown-up and very gorgeous red hand-bag for Christmas, I think this one's going to be a doddle.

Yes, I was right. It was a doddle. Could do with some red boots, though...

3) I shall have much more sex in 2006 than I had in 2005. Since I am by nature and choice both faithful AND frivolous, all this fabulous sex will be with Husband. How virtuous is that? I'm going to have it slow, fast, easy and hard, long and langurous, down and dirty, and as often as possible. I also resolve to laugh during sex much more. If only to watch Husband go crosseyed.

If I enlarge on this one, Husband will kill me. I'll just nod, smile and wink a lot.

4) There will be at least one bath-and-book-and-glass-of-wine event a month in 2006. In celebration of the new bath installation, this resolution may well combine with 3) on occasion. Let the good times roll.

Sigh. I slipped up on this one. I think I only did the cadles-wine-bath thing twice. Must Do Better!

5) I will walk barefoot in the rain at least once in 2006, and will make time to swim in the River Derwent in warm weather. I deserve it.

Oh Pffft. Easy. Barefoot in the rain twice, and swimming... well I actually lost count. Somewhere around half a dozen times. We had a good summer!

I'd like to keep those frivolous resolutions, and add a further one to them:-

6) I shall sing at the top of my voice at least once a week. Probably in the car.


There. That looks about right. What about you?

6 Comments:

At 9:30 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Anna you make me smile. I never thought to make ones for the lighter side of life. Must have a think......

 
At 10:07 am, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL!! Silly Anna!! Glad to see frivolity is alive and well in Cumbria :-)

Mine is to listen to more country music :-) ARGHHHHH!!!!! And I couldn't possibly comment on some of your other resolutions except I did rather well in the 'chocolate' department myself :-)

 
At 8:58 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Yay! I made Liz smile! :-) My work here is done...

Ooooh, send me some more CM, m'dear... I'm feeling out of touch. LOL at not commenting.. ggg

 
At 5:42 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Will do! Still haven't done some of the other CDs I have promised people!!

 
At 5:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these resolutions and that you achieved so many of them.

As always, you rule!

 
At 9:40 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

No rush, Bids! :-)

Thanks, Julie. I feel pretty good about them, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home