Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Writing as Therapy

(This was written last week, in a notebook. I'm in a happier place now, but it was still worth saying, I think.)

Life moves too fast these days. We don't seem to get the chance to dwell on feelings, dwell in them, experience the depth of them so we can learn and grow. And I'm not just talking about the good things, either.

It's a sadness to me that somehow I never really had the time to sit down and cry for Merlin's dying. The one time I did the wailing and gnashing of teeth thing I was multi-tasking even then... driving home from the vets. I feel like I've missed out somehow, and the chance is gone. Anything I did now would be self-indulgence and a negative 'looking back'.

So let's look back on the good stuff, instead. Merlin's with me, anyway. He always will be.

**Today, I made a 60 mile round trip to vote. I don't much approve of many of the options on the ballot paper, but I excercised my right and fulfilled my responsibility
**Minnie was overjoyed to see me after a two days away, and spent some time sheepishly cuddling closer and begging me to pull her ears
**Only one room smelled of cat pee when I came home
**They had only been sick in two places, and both were washable
**I spoke a long time with Michael Moon, when next year he might not be there
**The ivy that has grown through the bathroom ceiling and forced us to rip out a patch of plaster appears to have died back appropriately. This means the days of bathing under a shower of plaster dust and dead bugs are numbered
**Some of the best possible friends in the world are my friends. And what's more they're my friends because the like me, not because they pity me, endure me, or want to use me
**There are some f***ing gorgeous men out there. Even the ones that aren't gorgeous all over have gorgeous bits. Significant, fascinating, animated bits
**I have expanded my food repertoire. I now like Turkish food. I can't express any opinion on liking Turkish animated bits
**Husband loves me. This probably should have been at the head of the list. Certainly before musing on Turkish animated bits
** I was feeling stressed, I wrote this, and I feel better

6 Comments:

At 3:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post Anna...and if you want to cry for your baby you go ahead and cry.

I still find myself getting weepy over my dad whose been gone almost six years now (show me a Johnny Cash video and the water works start - my dad was a big fan and I always have and always will associate The Man In Black with my dad!)

And you're right...there are some mighty fine looking members of the male species out there! :)

Christyne

 
At 5:49 am, Blogger Michelle Styles said...

So glad you are better now, Anna.

 
At 4:12 pm, Blogger Jaci Burton said...

NOthing lifts our spirits more than the sight of a fine looking piece of a...errr man. ;)

(((((( Anna ))))))))

 
At 6:20 pm, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

*HUGZ* again on Merlin, Anna. About the f*cking gorgeous guys, there sure are a lot out there. But you wanna know something funny? The one I've had an enormous crush on for years here at my work is rather short, pudgy and balding. But he has the sweetest smile I've EVER seen, and he smiles a lot. His eyes are the colour of the sky reflected on calm waters on a clear day. *Sigh*

 
At 9:57 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Thanks guys. :)

I know what you mean, Trace - I have a slight crush on our vet. And he's short, slightly rounded, and has a big beard. But it's his compassion with and enthusiasm for animals that undoes me.

 
At 12:04 pm, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

Exactly Anna! This guy is so friggin' sweet. He's just the nicest guy, and he's so adorable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home