Monday, August 08, 2005

Bah.

Since my malfunctioning thyroid gland was zapped with radioactive substances - Back! Back, Evil Gland! ZZzzzzzzzapp! Aaaiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee!!! - last year, I've been remarkably healthy. Shares in various pharmaceutical companies have suffered as a result.

In fact, Husband - he of the iron-clad constitution - has had more colds and sniffles than me.

It couldn't last.

So me and my pet sore throat (8 days and counting) are taking ourselves off to the docs today. Every time I go to the doctor I feel somehow guilty. It's worse than customs, I swear.

I'd rather scrub cat poop off the utility room floor.

No, wait! I have to do that AS WELL. Excellent.

11 Comments:

At 10:27 am, Blogger Unknown said...

*pats Anna*
There, there lovey.
Later in the week I will be there to metaphorically hold your hand whilst you scrape cat poo off floors.

 
At 10:41 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

*snicker* I'll hold you to that, Biddy!

Looking forward to it.

(The visit, not the cat poop)

 
At 11:06 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I said "metaphorically"! This will mean being somewhere else in the house but thinking nice thoughts in your direction.

 
At 1:51 pm, Blogger Beth Ciotta said...

You'd rather scrape cat poop?? Man, you must REALLY hate visiting the doc. LOL Seriously though, a sore throat, especially one that's lasted 8 days, is nothing to mess with. Get it checked out and... FEEL BETTER SOON!!! :)

 
At 2:43 pm, Blogger Michelle Styles said...

Take your tablets Anna. The doctor didn't give you someting to him feel better. He gave you something to make you feel better, and to give your body a chance to fight the sore throat without it going into something much worse.

 
At 4:35 pm, Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

I wish they could zap my thyroid, but unfortunately, mine isn't working well enough! The pharmaceutical companies LOVE me.

 
At 4:47 pm, Blogger Julie Cohen said...

((((Anna)))) Feel better. And leave the cat poop for DH.

 
At 9:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna feel better soon!

 
At 3:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{{Anna}}}

 
At 4:24 am, Blogger Dee Tenorio said...

So, you got pills? Well, at least it wasn't what I was afraid of. :) As for the cat poop, lol, at least you can't taste the smell. Dare I recommend a hose?

Much lubs!
Dee

 
At 7:20 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Thanks everyone. :-) I'm taking the tablets and behaving myself, and starting to feel better already.

I'm sorry your thyroid is going the 'other way', Melissa. :-/ Haveyou investigated the ways you can support your thyroid through diet?

No, Dee, I'm good. :-) And the cat poop is no more....

I'm a domestic goddess, me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home