Monday, May 08, 2006

Today's Lesson

Keep It Simple, Stupid.

The search for something simple gave me a writing breakthrough yesterday, that segued into this morning. I'd wandered again into equating good with complicated in plotting, and though complex is fun, and useful, and often breathtakingly good, I should learn never to seek complexity for complexity's sake.

This also meant that when writing friends at our chapter meeting today asked, "how's the writing going," I didn't feel the need to growl or swear while rolling my eyes madly.

Excellent.

2 Comments:

At 11:43 am, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

And what was your simple answer to them, Anna?
cheers

 
At 1:15 pm, Blogger Beth Ciotta said...

I made a breakthough yesterday too, Anna. Part of it involved simplifying. :) Congrats and keep rocking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home