Thursday, February 03, 2005

Bein' Obvious

We hate to think of ourselves as predictable, or easily sussed, don't we? We like to think we're complex, mysterious, that it would take time to get to know us, to pin down what makes us tick.

This being so, it was mortifying to have the Pilates instructor, after only two sessions, turn round to me with a smile on her face and say, "you're thinking too much. Stop it."

"It seems I was bein' obvious, Bunter."*

Of course, she might have got a hint from the lifestyle section of her little form, where I'd put, I work at a desk all day, then go home and work at a desk all evening.

Curses. Must strive to be inscrutable.

*Dorothy L Sayers, Strong Poison

5 Comments:

At 8:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh a quote from the great DLS!

Lady Biddy Wimsey

 
At 9:19 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

But of course! With hindsight, I don't think I've got it word perfect... never mind, the intention is clear!

 
At 8:51 am, Blogger Julie Cohen said...

But you *do* think too much. It's your curse, and your blessing.

 
At 3:05 pm, Blogger Beth Ciotta said...

I just started doing Pilates too, Anna, albeit at home with a DVD. I think a lot. Things like, "Ouch, this hurts!" LOL

Just catching up on your blog. LOVED the romantic CD story and the pics of your kitty!

 
At 3:12 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Thanks Julie (yeah, I know *sigh*), Kate (ggg) ....

Nice to see you, Beth. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home