Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Touchy feely

I went shopping for underwear today.

For Husband.

Well, I did stray into M&S for myself, but they didn't have anything I liked. So off I wandered to try and buy something for him.

So, trunks, boxers, slips, hipsters, button fly, keyhole (excuse me?) fly, A-frame (what? He needs scaffolding now?) fly, micro-fibre, cotton, jersey......

Eh???

I really should know what he wears. But most of the time, when I'm focussing on this part of Husband's anatomy, he's NAKED! And now I'm trapped in a narrow eisle in a department store, surrounded by pictures of improbably endowed semi-naked male torsos and crotches. (NB, the M&S Point of Sale graphics are to be savoured. I wondered about slipping one in my bag, but since it was two foot by two foot, I didn't have a big enough bag. Curses.)

I was just about coping until I strayed, unintentionally, into the Jockey section. My jaw dropped open and I started to blush.

My fast-erroding composure was finally obliterated by the words emblazoned across some anonymous model's bulging package - Soft To The Touch

Husband can buy his OWN underwear....

6 Comments:

At 6:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny!! I was chortling when I read about the soft to the touch.

~Michelle

 
At 6:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever see that Father Ted episode when all the priests were trapped in the lingerie dept? This reminded me of that... and I can just see your face...

Grinning, Kate H

 
At 7:06 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Thank you, thank you... ;-)

No, Kate, I haven't seen that, but - oh! - I can picture it! ROFL!

 
At 8:32 pm, Blogger Julie Cohen said...

Yes, it reminds me of the Father Ted episode, too. One of my favourites.

I occasionally walk past the Calvins in House of Fraser just to look at the packages (that meant in both senses of the word). Haven't actually tried to buy the things. I might try it out...

 
At 2:27 am, Blogger Lynn said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! I love this! I guess I'm lucky -- I can just pick up a package of BVDs at Wal-Mart for my husband and he's happy. However, your post has really made me want to shop elsewhere . . . *g*

 
At 1:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, Anna! I make my husband buy his own underwear. I feel weird buying men's underwear!

Suzanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home