Saturday, February 05, 2005

Words for words' sake

I've got so blocked I can't even think of a decent blog post.

Maybe this will help.

There's gold outside. Sun-gold. It's pouring down the rendered walls of the house opposite, slip-sliding over the shivering pine-needles, staining the livid yellow willow stems. In the shining ivy, frail birds sing full-throated, catching the moment.

The once-muddy road glistens, gilded. The laurel is illuminated: gold leaf on green leaf.

The sun sets, it grows cold. A grey, drizzling day is given a last benediction, to remind us why we're alive.

Roll on spring.

8 Comments:

At 5:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what this reminds me of? Old English poetry. (That's a compliment, by the way.) It's the alliteration that does it.

If you're blocked, you need gianduja. Trust me. It works.

Kate H

 
At 5:36 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Definitely a compliment. :-) Thanks!

Off to google gianduja....

 
At 6:55 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

I've said it before, your gift is of lyrical, lovely, lush language.

 
At 11:23 pm, Blogger Kate Allan said...

Very lyrical. :)

Have you tried slogging round Sainsburys on a Saturday? Usually makes me very eager to start tapping away at the keyboard. ggg

 
At 4:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, dear. If this is how you're writing, you are NOT blocked, hon! That's really lovely.

~Dream

 
At 4:57 am, Blogger Manda said...

that was nice... first I thought sun... then I thought rain... then I thought sun and rain... then it got dark and I was confused... then you said spring and I said "awwwwww." lol.

 
At 10:33 am, Blogger Julie Cohen said...

Sigh. That's my Anna. :-)

 
At 1:47 pm, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

That was just stunning. I really enjoyed reading it. I would love to sit and read an entire book of poetry written by you, you know that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home