Sunday, December 11, 2005

Reasons to be cheerful...

One...
Driving to work, half asleep, more than half wishing I was still in bed, and suddenly - the sun burns through the mist and bathes the mountain. Just fabulous.


Blencathra sunrise Posted by Picasa

Two...
Halfway between work and University there's a beautiful town, and on the outskirts of the town is this museum, created out of a French-style mansion. Not a bad place to stop for lunch...


The Bowes Museum Posted by Picasa

Tree...
I've cheated:- this is last year's tree. But we went and bought this year's today, amid much hilarity and general good-humour. We've left it in its sleeve until the plumber's finished (yes, we're having the bathroom redone, a new shower put in, and a downstairs toilet installed THIS close to Christmas!) but I promise you pictures when it's done.


Oh Christmas Tree... Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

At 6:54 pm, Blogger Julie Cohen said...

What I want to know is: did you stop the car to take that top picture or did you click the camera while driving at full speed?

 
At 12:17 am, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

Wow, that mountain view is gorgeous. Where in the UK do you live? I wanna go there. :-)

 
At 9:56 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Don't worry, Julie! There's a convenient layby just at the point with the best view. ;-)

I like just in Cumbria, Gabriele, but I get to drive through the Lake District National Park on my way to work. :-) Blencathra is, I think, the fourth highest mountain in the English Lakes.

 
At 7:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pics, Anna! And you're making me feel much more Christmassy now.

 
At 12:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

 
At 6:49 pm, Blogger Tricia Fields said...

Anna, you always have the most beautiful pictures!

 
At 5:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous pics... I'm getting England envy again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home