Saturday, January 07, 2006

Childhood dreams

When I was a child, Dad would read the Narnia stories to my brother and me during the summer holidays. It was a magical experience, with Dad doing all the voices, and all of us laughing and crying together. Since most of the time we were holidaying in the Lake District, if felt like we were already in Narnia, and we only had to believe for the trees to walk again...

The Narnia stories are so interwoven with my feelings and beliefs about childhood, parenting, faith and relationships, magic and myth and stories that I'm always anxious about any new adaptation of C S Lewis's books.

We went to see The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe today.

It was wonderful. I'm so happy.

1 Comments:

At 1:59 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I need to go see that film. Maybe next weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home