Thursday, January 26, 2006

Stalking the Postman

Ah, that traditional pursuit of unpubbed writers everywhere. I haven't done any good postman stalking for a very, very long time.

Today, when I heard the diesel engined-van, the step on the path, the rustle and fwap of post coming through the door, I held my breath.

Husband rolled his eyes.

Got the postcard back today. So the partial has arrived, and has been opened.

This is not so much of a fait accompli as you might think.

I've had several publishers not return them, and one, memorably, return the postcard some six months after I sent the full MS, leading me to the unavoidable conclusion that they didn't open the packet for six months. That was a packet with "requested material" written across it.

But then, it took me about six months to get the book finished and out to them, so I can't complain.

Karma, dude.

Blog Notables.

Jo Leigh's done a fabulous piece on fear at RTB.
It's Michelle's birthday.
Julie's sent off her book, and week early. Woot!
Beth's giving us one of her trademark inspirational posts.

3 Comments:

At 8:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on receipt of the postcard. Now the stalking can begin in earnst!!

Lori :)

 
At 11:30 am, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

 
At 7:49 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Thanks, guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home