Wednesday, January 18, 2006

At last! Reading decision...

So I've found what to read for a bit.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe!

We went to see the film recently, and loved it, but I fell to trying to work out what was faithful, and what was new. Particularly for the battle scene.

And then of course I have to decide why they changed it, and how that strengthened the film, and why it worked for their target audience...

But mostly I'm sniffing and snivelling my way through it, because these are the books that were read to us as children on holiday. Such a host of blissful memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for the scents comments! I left that one up a day or two longer than I intended to, because I was enjoying the contributions. I do so love playing with the senses in a story....

2 Comments:

At 6:03 pm, Blogger Michelle Styles said...

One of my favourite books.
It definately brings back childhood memories...enjoy.

 
At 3:20 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

Dd is reading them for the first time. She's had the books on tape for ages and enjoyed listening to them, but I hope she's enjoying the reading. She just started Prince Caspian today.

I told her she had to read all the Chronicles of Narnia before she could read Harry Potter. She'll be nearly 9 by the time she finishes the series, so hopefully just mature enough for the first HP.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home