Monday, April 10, 2006

Overwhelmed

UPDATE #2:- Thank you Tess, Mary Beth, Lori and Beth!

UPDATE:- More birthday wishes! Thank you Sharon, Biddy, Kathy, Michelle W, Gabriele, Loreth (waving madly), Anne and Dee!

Well, I am overwhelmed! I'm bringing this out of comments so everyone sees it.

I read all your birthday wishes in comments with a big, stupid, jaw-dropped grin on my face. If any flies had escaped our drastic fumigation, I'd have been catching them for sure.

Thank you Sela, Julie, Sue, Ray-Anne, Kate W, Rosie, Michelle, Mags, Donna, Sadhbh, Bronwyn (VBG), Kate H, Jewell (Squeal - where have you been? Lovely to see you!), Stephen, Raine, Sasha, Liz, Melani and Trish.

For those who wandered over from Julie's, I'm touched; for those who met me at Julie's fabulous book launch (you remembered me?!?), I'm honoured; for those who lurk, who visit less frequently, who have known me a long time, a while, a short time - thank you. You've made my day!

I'm so blessed.

As for today, well, moving offices was not as fraught as it might have been, but not as easy as I wish it had been. Husband lending a hand was a huge help, the meringues I baked to celebrate my birthday were widely appreciated, and the chocolates I took for everyone who was moving were definitely a good idea.

But if I had to start one more sentence with "Yes, but..." (as in, "yes, but if you put it round that way, you can't open the drawers") or, "No, because..." (as in "No, it can't go there, because no one can reach it") I was going to throw an almighty strop and go and swear at the drunkenly leaning cherry tree in the car park. Which is NOT about to fall down. Whatever they say.

But it's done. Or mostly done, and we're pretty comfortable in our new digs, all in all. Husband bought me a lovely lunch, and we had takeout tonight, and stunned ourselves with our answers to the University Challenge double edition.

And I had lovely pressies, and the opportunity to buy more lovely pressies of my own choosing, and no, Sadhbh, I can't tell you what the pressie was. ;-)

On which note, because my eyes are crossing from fatigue, I shall wish you all goodnight.

Goodnight, all.

9 Comments:

At 8:56 pm, Blogger Sharon J said...

And a belated Happy Birthday from me, too :)

~Sharon J

 
At 9:04 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I've said it elsewhere... but Happy Birthday!!

 
At 9:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day, Anna!

 
At 10:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, golly, I missed it, but it's still your birthday in my part of the world. Have a great one!

 
At 10:18 pm, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

Happy Birthday, or Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, from Germany.

Was away for a few days and missed it.

 
At 6:00 am, Blogger Dee Tenorio said...

Oh Anna! It's still your b-day here! Sending all my love across half the world!

Happy Birthday!
Dee

 
At 1:18 pm, Blogger Tess said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you, Anna!!

Glad the office move went smoothly.

 
At 10:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you had a wonderful b'day (even if you had to move).

A day filled with gifts and good wishes from loved ones is a great day indeed.

Lori :)

 
At 2:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely Anna! Happy B-Day late

 

Post a Comment

<< Home