Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Broadband!

Woooooo!!!

Husband rules! We're broadband enabled!

This is not so simple as you might think. We have two computers, formerly networked on a LAN. But the old cable network was slowing our computers down, so we decided to go wireless and convert to broadband at the same time.

I knew it wasn't going to be simple when the guy at the shop said, "do you have an old house?" "Yes." "Thick stone walls?" "Um, yes."

*sigh*

This of course meant we had to proceed with more-expensive-than-usual hardware, but it's done the job.

We keep clicking on things and going, "oooooooh".

Continuing the for every sun a little rain must drown us all theme, I'm home sick with some sort of stomach bug. If you read the systems report in my brain right now, there would be a big red flashing sign saying, "Sense of Humour Failure Imminent."

9 Comments:

At 9:54 am, Blogger Kate Walker said...

Feel better soon! In the meantime - to cheer you up and to let you use broadband for fun, I just sent you a link to enjoy.

Anyone else who lilkes cats - try here:

http://www.superbowl-info.com/bin/edscatherders.mov

 
At 10:24 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

OMG, Kate, that is INSANELY classic. ROFL!

What is even wierder is that it somehow moved me to tears....

I need to go back to bed.

 
At 11:43 am, Blogger Tess said...

ROTFL!!!! Will have to show that to my girls the next time they jump on my desk *g*.

Have fun with the broadband :-) I remember doing the oohh/aaah thing last June when we first upgraded. Of course, when we first get to our new home, we'll be back on dial-up for a while :-/

 
At 12:28 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

Isn't broadband wonderful!! Worth every penny!

Going to check out Kate's link now.

 
At 4:36 pm, Blogger Jaci Burton said...

high speed internet is the cat's meow

sorry...couldn't resist *g*

 
At 9:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's time for you to revisit the Brawny Man:

http://www.brawnyman.com/innocentescapes/indexbroadband.html

 
At 8:57 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

OMG! BRAWNY MAN!!!!!!

I've been sitting here going through these making these sort of high-pitched whimpering/giggling noises.

Tiramisu!

 
At 5:42 pm, Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Ah, yes, the cat herders! My favorite! I'm glad Kate kept the link handy. I had it buried in my inbox. It's got to make you feel better, Anna.

Congrats on the broadband -- and three cheers for Husband. Take care.

Anne

 
At 6:06 pm, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

I love kitties. They make me smile. I think the sound of a cat purring is my favorite sound on the planet :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home