Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Texas Shuffle

You've heard of the Texas Shuffle, right? You're shuffling a deck, fumble it, cards go everywhere and you say, glibly, "Texas a long time to pick 'em up again."

Oh, the hilarity.

Husband, being an Englishman through and through, prefers the Leicester Shuffle. Less-ta-shuffle?

All poor jokes aside, you can picture the disorder, yes? Cards everywhere, in all orders, face up and face down - a mess. Now imagine each of those cards carries a paragraph of Taken's Chapter Two.

And we're only playing with Hearts.

Okay, so Chapter Two is in two Word files, not on cards, but you get the drift. It's in pieces. It's in a jumble. And I only need about half of it.

Which half?!

Funnily enough, I don't know which is scarier. The mess it's in, or the fact that given a few focussed hours, a decaf hazlenut latte, and a wheel mouse (don't make me scroll without one) I know I can sort it out.

But the prospect's a bit daunting, you know?

5 Comments:

At 3:45 pm, Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Anna, Can I borrow your description and discuss the Texas shuffle version of chapter reconstruction???? God knows I need to do some of it myself!

 
At 6:53 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Course you can, Anne!

 
At 2:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, go, you can do it!

(Though I thought you were working on Danglies, hmmmm?)

 
At 2:56 pm, Blogger Tess said...

Oopsie - can the cats help you? LOL. Sorry - I know it must be frustrating. Hope it's all sorted now!

 
At 6:48 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

I have absolutely no idea why I wrote Taken up there, Julie - I meant Danglies! *shakes head at self*

Thank you, Tess!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home