Friday, July 28, 2006

Chop and Change

I love emotions.

I say this in the same way a gardener might say, "I love rain," or, "I love manure."

When I left to go to work this morning I was in the grip of a crawling depression. Crawling like snails, something injured, or flies on an open wound.

Now I'm so angry I'm laughing like a hyena. Nothing serious, just a passive-aggressive bitch queen from hell failing to give me essential information.

I remember a character in a Mary Stewart book talking about anger being a "chemically useful reaction". I think it was Charity Selbourne in Madam Will You Talk. It's true to say I don't feel down any more. Possibly, once the adrenalin of the anger had worn off and I've stopped snarling, I might experiment with an hour or so of cheerfulness.

Or alcohol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home