Monday, June 20, 2005

Random Holiday Musings #1 (and a whine)

I should be at work right now. Instead I'm off sick, due to a tag-team combination of headache and stomach ache. Earth has no irony to show so evil as drifting to full consciousness at 3am to realise the headache has gone, lying there in painless bliss for a few moments, then feeling your stomach ache stir to life.

***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***

Husband announced on holiday that my lack of publishing success is due to my refusal to use the phrase, "man-custard" in my love scenes. If I used the phrase, "man-custard" he averred, I would now be published, and wildly successful.

Furthermore, he decided that when I do finally give in and use the phrase, "man-custard" in a love scene, he would like to buy a house in Walberswick and a beach hut in Southwold on the ensuing profits, and cross between them on the Walberswick Ferry.

Since the beach huts alone go for £40,000, that's pinning a lot of hope on the phrase, "man-custard".

I'm hoping my using it repeatedly in my blog will satisfy him for now.

11 Comments:

At 3:33 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Arf! Sorry you are feeling sickly though (((hugs)))

 
At 5:30 pm, Blogger Melani Blazer said...

is that the clue? *Can't imagine man custard in any of Anna's brilliant compositions*

Sorry the ickies have got you. Feel better soon. I'm sending cyber hugs your way!

 
At 5:43 pm, Blogger Beth Ciotta said...

Sorry you're not feeling well, Anna. ((hugs))

Okay. I HAVE to ask. What's man-custard? Is it a if-you-have-to-ask-you-don't-want-to-know thing?

Nice house. :)

 
At 5:56 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

It's.... RUDE.

And I don't write erotica. And even the good friends who do write erotica would never use this phrase, because readers would either die laughing or choke going "eeewwww!"

Hey Mel. *waving* Feeling a lot better already, just grumpy now.

 
At 6:55 pm, Blogger Beth Ciotta said...

Got it. That's what I thought, but... Yeah. If I read that it's a toss up as to whether I'd snicker or wince. Tell hubby your test audience noted and rejected his submission. :)

 
At 7:09 pm, Blogger Dee Tenorio said...

ROFL! I knew I loved that man o yours! He and mine would get on quite well, since my hubby firmly believes that a successful book is achieved if I can make sure the girl goes down in full detail.

Hope your tummy improves, love!
Dee

 
At 8:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you're feeling rough, Anna. But LOL on man-custard. Only a man would coin a phrase like that. (And no, even in my Black Lace days, I did not use that phrase!!) As for the beach hut in Southwold... try Wells-next-the-sea. Cheaper and much much much more beach!

 
At 3:28 pm, Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

Man-custard? I don't think I've ever heard of that one before!
Sorry you're feeling yucky, especially after holiday. Hope you feel better ASAP!!!

 
At 3:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

((((((((Anna))))))))))

I wonder if I could get man-custard past my editor. Hmmmmmm. *ggg*

 
At 10:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my! Wonder if you could work it in a different way? Like. "Oh, look at that man!"
"Custard, honey?" he asked.

:)

 
At 3:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL! You know, I think my life is complete now that I know about man custard. Although I will forever be grateful that I do not live on the side of the Atlantic where "custard" is something we regularly eat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home