Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Generosity

I learned very young that it was easy to replicate the warm, excited feelig you get when someone gives you a gift, by giving a gift to someone else.

You know.

Their face lights up, their mouth drops open. They might gasp, or jump up and down or squeal. The might do what Husband does and press the heels of his hands to his cheeks as if his smile is in danger of bursting out and taking over the world.

You have all those visual prompts to conjure lovely feelings in you, and you can store those pictures in happy memories.

It's different when the gift is anonymous.

I received a gift on Tuesday. A gift so appropriate, so needed and so complimentary it blew me away. Chances are I know the giver, but I don't know which of my acquaintances it is.

But just in case they read this blog, I'm doing my face lighting, mouth opening, jumping up and down and squealing here.

Thank you.

I'll strive to be worthy of the gift!

3 Comments:

At 12:22 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Thanks so much, Sadhbh! You see, you have given me something - a compliment that's made me smile mistily...

 
At 12:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! That sounds so nice. :)

 
At 4:08 pm, Blogger Beth Ciotta said...

How lovely that you were given a gift that brought you so much joy. And an anon giver to boot! Wow. Enjoy, Anna. I just know you deserved the gift! (Whatever it was, you tease) *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home