Saturday, March 18, 2006

Random Catchup

Be careful what you wish for...
After a particularly stressful day this week, I found myself musing on the return journey that it would be nice to have a good illness and not be able to go into work.

On Thursday I woke up with a sore throat, and by 2pm had a fever. I finally managed to crawl out the office at 4.20pm and went home to cook pizza.

Now I'm not sure if that's karma, poetic justice, irony or just life's-a-bitch-and-then-you-die-ness, but you've got to admit it's funny. At least, it's funny when the meds kick in.

And although I wouldn't say it's 'nice' exactly, there is a certain pleasure in doing nothing because that's all you can do. Finally, a guilt-free rest day.

Tears before bedtime
So, yesterday I watched Mulan (and cried), Beauty and the Beast, (and cried) and Vanity Fair (and cried). I started reading Flowers from the Storm and cried. I reinstalled Elder Scrolls - Morrowind on the computer and cried when it kept crashing. Husband, being Husband, fixed it for me, so now I get to practice for the launch of Elder Scrolls - Oblivion, which is supposed to ship on Monday.

A lady of leisure Today I have to choose whether to go out and buy cold supplies, or live with what's in the house and blowing my nose on bogroll. Currently I'm erring on staying indoors with the cats, a bog roll in every room. I do already have chicken soup in the fridge, so I'm ahead of the game. I will also watch DVDs (and cry), read, sleep, play computer games and possibly start a cross-stich for Mother's Day. Or I may stay in bed all day, since last night I was too busy coughing, snotting and drooling to actually doze.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 pm, Blogger Beth Ciotta said...

Anna, so sorry you're under the weather. Dare I ask what 'bogrolls' are? Toilet paper rolls, perhaps? Also, too bad I can't mind-send you some of my romantic comedy DVDS. You poor thing. At this rate you're going to cry yourself dry!

Feel better son!

 
At 10:29 pm, Blogger Beth Ciotta said...

Oops. I meant 'Feel better SOON!'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home