Monday, February 27, 2006

Random embarassments

I was already in bed. Husband was downstairs watching TV with my parents, who were visiting for the weekend.

Husband and Father were watching some historical programme, when Mother decided she needed to check teletext for some news updates. When they finaly wrested the remote back from her, and turned back to TV, the screen was filled with pictures of a couple, er... getting it on? Performing the horizontal mambo? Loudly. With emphasis.

Husband, caught in that kind of acute embarassment only experienced when found watching something explicit in the company of your (or, worse, your wife's) parents, spoke without thinking. "Well THAT's not the discovery of the North-West Passage."

Silence.

The Mother, deadpan, replies, "Depends what angle she lay down in."

4 Comments:

At 6:21 pm, Blogger Melani Blazer said...

Love your parents, I see where your witty sense of humor comes from. YAY Mom! Tho I'd love to have seen the shades of red your husband's face turned at that comment....

 
At 7:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you mother!! Poor husband. I would have probably started laughing hysterically out of embarassment, especially if it were my in laws sitting next to me.

 
At 1:02 am, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

I need to get a screen saver. No, not some blinky stars or coloured triangles dancing around, but some sort of foil to cover the screen with. There are too many dangerous blogs on my roll. :-)

 
At 12:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Mum!!!

~Sharon J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home