Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What a difference a day makes

Ahhhhhhhh. Feel like a new woman today.

Not exactly as good as the old one, but distinctly better than the recent one.

Also, The Sun Is Shining. I've been standing in the garden, smiling in it.

When I say garden, it's more a couple of patches outside the front of the house, each the size of the small office/spare bedroom I'm in now. It has suffered badly from chicken attack and the weather over the winter and need significant overhauling, but the benevolent sun is coaxing the aquilegias and the catmint from the cold earth, and I can see the potential.

I love spring.

I love all the seasons, but what I like best is that moment of balance, the poise on the edge of the new season. I like knowing that the hawthorn buds will burst any day now and daffodils are begging to bloom. It's the huge potential of the time, so much energy stored up and ready to explode into joyous new life.

Okay, perhaps I need to go and lie down again...

4 Comments:

At 1:22 pm, Blogger Tess said...

Glad you're feeling all better now :-)

 
At 4:35 pm, Blogger Dee Tenorio said...

Oh hon, I have the strongest urge to ask what you smoking, lol. But that looks like genuine affection for the earth.

Sending big smoochies your way!
Dee

 
At 8:01 pm, Blogger Nell Dixon said...

Glad you feel better!

 
At 10:07 pm, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

Glad you're feeling better.

I'd love spring. If only there were not those icky birch seeds that give me a runny nose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home