Sunday, March 19, 2006

The Cold:- Day Four

Still in the land of the living, but fast losing my sense of humour. Cold has run the usual course for me, and descended on my chest by the fourth day. Cue my much-lauded impersonation of a sick sheep. Unfortunately, it's deviating from the usual course in the fact that my nose is still blocked, my sinuses under assault and I'm still running an occasional light fever. Joy.

Yesterday's DVD selection was The Bourne Supremacy (which I always watch with one hand on the pause and rewind buttons). One day, one day I want to write a book that good, that gets made into a movie that good.

Don't tell anyone, now. I don't usually do high aspirations in public, but I'm sick...

I did eventually drag myself to Sainsburys yesterday, and came back with four bags of snacks, ready meals, three-minute-fresh-pasta, cold remedies and those cold tissues with the soothing balm. No more bog roll, huzzah! (Yes, Beth, it's toilet roll. *wink*)

The thought of watching more DVDs or mucking about on the computer for another day makes me want to beat my head repeatedly on the banister, making inhuman howling noises. Not that I bore easily, or anything.

You might be forgiven for wondering why I'm not reading. Well, two reasons. One, and this is the pussy-pathetic one, my hands get cold, and once cold, don't warm up again. Two, I recently bought a whole load of books to read, but they're all on the slightly angsty, dark, dramatic scale. Epic romances, tortured souls. Forgive me, but I'm just not up for sweeping drama. I want cosy, non-threatening and comfortable. And I seem to be out of those.

Okay, maybe both reasons are pussy-pathetic.

On the plus side, I've had a shower and put my 'cold clothes' in the wash, so I've temporarily abandoned the hammer horror look.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 pm, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

Poor girl, get better soon. :)

I'm with you on light hearted books during a cold. I don't like the depressing or philosophical stuff during such times either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home