Monday, July 31, 2006

Monday musings

The Ritas are up, and so are the Golden Hearts.

Lovely to see Stephanie Feagan taking the Best First Book Award, and there was much cheering about Liz's. Best Short Contemporary win. It's only a shame Liz AND Bronwyn couldn't have won that together. I hate when you're torn between favourites...

I recognise names in the Golden Hearts, but it's always hard to marry e-mail or online names with people's real life personas... I'm sure I'm missing someone I ought to be mentioning, but there you go.

In Other News, it's a rainy Monday, and that's just what I need. Last night's walk was under a luminous silver sky, with two layers of dark cloud blowing underneath at different speeds. The trees ducked and danced and creaked and everything was very ominous and boding. Marvellous.

In Other Other News, keep an eye on the progress meter, it should start moving again. Don't know what happened to me in the last couple of weeks (well, I do, we reached a bit of a negative watershed in the pursuit of pregnancy and it hit me hard. But that's another story) but I'm getting a grip on the story again.

PS - I just had to go through and delete a bunch of wrongly placed apostrophes. *blank, shocked look*. Maybe I'm not as together today as I thought I was. *wink*

2 Comments:

At 12:23 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

(((Anna))) It'll happen. I can feel it. I cheered wildly for Liz and baaed like a mad sheep for Anna. It was a wonderful moment when the lady who won that category (in absentia) wrote in a baain her acceptance speech.

 
At 1:34 pm, Blogger Jessica Raymond said...

((Anna)) x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home