Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Well, that was an eclectic mix of fun things.

I went down to London by train on Wednesday morning (NB - if you ever get a chance to get a cheap first class upgrade, do. There is nothing so soothing to the soul as having someone say, "more tea, madam?" every half hour or so) and met up with scarily close friends Biddy Coady and Julie Cohen.

Then we headed off to the Romantic Novelists' Association Winter Party (here we are glammed up for it - please note that Julie is 8 months pregnant. Yes, she really is)

where we swapped gossip and compliments with other RNA members, drank wine and took notes on the spectacular canapes (asparagus spears served in little shot glasses of hollandaise, sausages served with a mustard mash dip....) It was a good night, my first RNA do since I sold.

The next day was the RNA Money Day and I can't recommend it enough. If you're an RNA member and you've ever said to yourself any of the following:-

1)I don't earn enough for the taxman to be interested in me
2)My accountant manages all that. She'd tell me if there was a problem.
3)My husband does the finances, I don't need to understand taxes
4)I can't claim any expenses as a writer because I'm not published
5)Even if I got in a mess, I've plenty of savings to bail me out

then you really, REALLY need to keep an eye out for the next one and book yourself on. Nuff said.

After that it was visiting with friends, shopping, coffee, cake, kink and carousels.

I mean, what more fun is there than good food, persuading a friend to splurge on a beautiful coat, and then bundling onto a fairground ride in the middle of London?

Tragically fabulous.

6 Comments:

At 11:58 am, Blogger Jessica Raymond said...

Lovely pics. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time together :)

Jess x

 
At 2:33 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

You all look amazing! Glad you had a great time and the Money Day sounds so interesting!

 
At 4:21 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I forgive you only because the coat has been complimented! And that was by my extremely fashion police ex-boss (I love saying ex-boss - although I like her!!)

Oh dear god I need to diet and exercise... I hate you for having left all the chocolatey covered stuff. Grrrrr.

I enjoyed having you stay... but you didn't mention the full frontal nudity in the play!!!

 
At 11:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually come to think of it I'm closer to 9 months pregnant.

Love the carousel piccy and I'm glad you had such a good time--it was wonderful to see you.

 
At 3:49 pm, Blogger Anne McAllister said...

sounds like a terrific time, Anna. Lovely to see all of you looking so ravishing. As we say over on this side of the pond, "You clean up good."

Love the pic on the carousel, too!

 
At 10:50 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Don't we look fab?! Thank you!

I completely adored the carousel. I'm made to go round on those things... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home