Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ta-DAAA!

First great writing achievement of 2007? Posted my partial of TAKEN today. Embarassingly, that has to be my world record shortest time between request and post... only five weeks.

Actually, that's really rather good, taking into account Christmas!

Had one last minute panic, trying to pin down some research details. I've been trying to get this info for months, without success - how can a passenger induce an emergency stop and exit the train on a French TGV service?

Then the wonderful, knowledgeable and deliciously-voiced Carl from EuroRail came to my aid. He not only know all the facts I needed (and looked up those facts he wasn't sure of) but showed a remarkable grasp of the inherent nature of my heroes when we came up against a problem.

"Well," he said, "if he gives the door a couple of good, hard kicks, it'll open anyway."

This will be my second good, hard kick in this particular publishing direction. Let's see if the door opens, eh?


UPDATE:- With ironic timing only achievable in real life (because if you wrote it in fiction it'd be called unrealistic) my courtesy e-mail to let them know I'd posted the requested material came back with a note that the requesting person had now left the company. *sigh* Methinks the door just swung back and severely bruised my foot. It may, however, not yet be locked...

2 Comments:

At 10:50 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

A few swift hard kicks should work :-) Well done you, Carl sounds like a man to keep on board (lol)

 
At 4:04 pm, Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Good luck with the partial, Anna. And hang onto Carl. You never know when you're going to need a man who understands the efficacy of a swift kick or two!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home