Thursday, February 22, 2007

Pure Indulgence

Well, I'm home, (actually I got home Tues night) sore but happy, having seen my ovaries with my own eyes. Well, a full colour photo of them, anyway. Wow. They're really.... white.

Now I have not only permission, but ORDERS to rest for three days.

I'm just going to pause for a moment to absorb the wonderfulness of that concept.



Ah. Bliss.

So, since I've been working really hard lately and because... well, because I deserve it, I'm going to have a few days of pure indulgence.

This will involve:-

1) Cake. I lay in bed in the day surgery unit, drifting in post-anaesthetic stupor, wondering if they'd have to keep me in because I take a while to come round, when I suddenly remembered there was chocolate cake with my name on it waiting at home. From that moment on, full consciousness was my goal...
2) DVDs. I may even watch BITS of DVDs. You know. Like Brad Pitt storming the Trojan beach. That bit in the Big Easy where wotsisface has his shirt off. All of The Transporter.
3) Cheese. I eat so little cheese when I'm losing weight. I miss it so.
4) Books. I'm currently reading Julie Cohen's Driving Him Wild, after devouring Kate Walker's Sicillian Husband, Blackmailed Bride. I also have Artemis Fowl to get acquainted with, and a clutch of books by fellow Medallion authors that Amazon just kindly delivered.
5) Bed. I did really well yesterday, but today I'm frankly knackered. So all of the above actvities may well happen while lying down.

What would your Pure Indulgence be?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:03 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I had forgotten about the Big Easy.....very pleasant memories make note to watch again soon...

Pure indulgence....long hot baths with a good book and enough hot water to keep it hot plus a large never empying glass of wine.

Take care and rest properly then give us the kiss please from your wip......

 
At 4:30 pm, Blogger Danielle Marie Peck said...

Anna, hope the recovery is swift and easy. Lounging around eating cake, watching half naked men on TV and reading to your hearts content sounds like heaven to me.

My indulgence, pretty much what Liz said except without the wine- I'm not a wine drinker. But the rest of the stuff she said, yep.

 
At 4:41 pm, Blogger Nell Dixon said...

Feel better soon, Anna. You need to be kind to yourself.

 
At 3:21 pm, Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Take care of yourself, Anna. Kate and I sent good thoughts your way from Ireland. Hope you are recovering quickly. Enjoy your 'enforced' rest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home