Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Are Domestic Goddesses ever Stressed?

Today, I shall be a Domestic Goddess.

The time is only 8am, and already I have completed a number of tasks, to whit:-

The washing up (Husband could not do this last night, as his lap was occupied by Merlin)
Clearing out one of the cat's litter trays
Dumping a chicken carcass in some water to boil for stock
Half writing a set of notes for a meeting on Wednesday

Later, I shall continue the theme by:-

Making a chicken pie
Making soup
Doing minimal hoovering
Arranging flowers for the guest room
Going emergency grocery shopping

The occasion? The parents are visiting!

However, I suspect that your true Domestic Goddess remains, calmly poised, in a perfectly appointed kitchen, whisking up confections of cream and sugar, occasionally tasting her creations and winking suggestively.

I am almost certain she never has to stand over a litter tray, plastic bag in hand, while a cat strains purposefully, or wrestle the remains of a chicken into a large stock pot.

And she never, ever, gets pulling-my-hair-out reaching-for-the-wine-bottle stressed.

A little Colombard, anyone?

5 Comments:

At 12:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! LOL. That's when I turn into a domestic goddess, too! When the parents are coming!

 
At 8:15 pm, Blogger Kate Allan said...

Sounds like you're super organised, no problems. :)

 
At 1:37 am, Blogger Julie Cohen said...

Hmmm. Connection? Avoiding writing? Domestic goddessing?

Not to nag. ;-)

In any case, you are a Domestic Goddess. In that you open your doors wide for your guests, you serve every meal (every snack, even, every single nibble and sip) with taste, generosity and a true desire to please, and every square inch of your house is full of love. Your guests will sleep well and breathe deep of your happiness.

I know I always have.

 
At 9:31 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

*sniff* Thanks Julie. :-) They love to be here, and they were here to see Merlin, anyway.

*waves to Kate and Suzanne*

 
At 11:31 pm, Blogger Angela James said...

I feel your pain, Anna. My parents came for a visit last weekend and the whole week prior was spent straightening and pretending that I keep the perfect house ;) The Ultimate Domestic Goddess with a four month old. I had to stop them from opening the closet though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home