Monday, March 28, 2005

What's my style?

Shannon was talking about the RWA site on her blog. And while I agree that it's damn ugly and boring, it started me thinking about what I would have on my own site, when it comes to having one.

You see, as I said over at Shan's place, one person's cute is another person's skin-crawlingly tacky. Haven't you ever zoomed over to a site a friend has said is "gorgeous!" and gone, "wtf?" while trying to rinse out your abused eyeballs with saline solution?

But then, I'm the person who wouldn't let a heart, cherub, horseshoe or wedding bell anywhere near anything to do with her wedding. On pain of... pain.

This is one of the reasons I don't yet have a website. I don't think I could ever think of ANY images I'd be happy associating with.

Except castles. Lots and lots of castles. And real castles. Real, piss-off-and-die defensible, medieval castles designed to HURT people, if they ever had the temerity to challenge them. The sort of castles without spindly turrets and pretty banners, but with added facilities for dropping, launching or throwing sharp bits, heavy bits or boiling hot bits at attackers.

I LIKE real castles.

But since I don't write historicals, the suitability of such images for any website I had would be limited.

I like sweet peas, honeysuckle, cottage gardens, cats, baking, babies and pottering about the house in a long skirt and apron.

But I write stories where lots of people die in interesting ways, and the hero is more likely to hand the heroine a Browning nine milli than a bunch of roses. And SHE's more likley to hand him a grenade than a tray of brownies.

Problematic, no?

And I tell you, if Julie catches me here, I'm dead meat.

*zoom*

4 Comments:

At 4:33 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

Then you're lucky I'm the one who caught you here! And I like your castles. Those are the best kind. Well, those and the ones with lots of secret hidey-holes for sieges and stuff.

Now go write out of sequence!

 
At 7:53 pm, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

Anna, I love your heroines already. I can't wait to get my hands on your books.

 
At 9:37 am, Blogger Julie Cohen said...

Anna I love you so much that this time, I won't kill you for procrastinating. I'll just torture ya a little.

polishes whip

 
At 2:02 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Mercy, Julie! Mercy!

ggg

Thanks Susan, Trace. And I did go write! And I did finish!

YAY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home