Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Worry/Imagination

I have a card by my desk that I picked up in the goodies room during the RWA conference in New York in 2003.

It says, Worry is the misuse of the imagination.

Which is something of a handicap if you have a really good imagination, no?

I am a champion worrier. I mean, Worldclass. Worrying about being a worrier is really only the beginning. I am capable of finding whole new worlds of things to worry about. New ages of anxiety. New dioramas of disquiet. New fields of fret.

But remember that quote? If I'm a worldclass worrier, I also have a worldclass imagination.

It's about time I put it to its proper use. Because the only really effective way I've found to balance out that worry/imagination equation is to write.

I'll see you on the other side.

15 Comments:

At 9:05 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

YAY! Go you! Harness the uncertainty!

 
At 10:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that quote Anna! I so needed that reminder today. Thanks!!

 
At 10:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Quote!

Now put that imaginationto GOOD use!!

 
At 8:41 am, Blogger Julie Cohen said...

Looks like you got found by the spammers, Anna. Grrrr.

Write! Write! Do it! You will become wrapped up in your story and you will RULE THE WORLD!!

Here's the Anna I know. :-)

 
At 9:14 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

*sigh* Yes, I know. And I dont' seem to have the facility to delete them - the trash can thingy is missing.

 
At 9:27 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Ah-HA! Success!

 
At 12:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Success in trashing the spam AND trashing the doubts, I hope!

You have talent, woman. You're blessed with an imagination. Go have some fun writing.

 
At 1:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I know what's wrong with me. Worry has eaten all of my creativity for dinner and left me with none.

 
At 1:13 pm, Blogger Peggie said...

oops posted anonymous above! Not spam I swear.

 
At 8:18 pm, Blogger April said...

Love the quote, Anna. I'm copying it and hanging it above my desk!!! Or maybe I should just tape it to my forehead.

 
At 10:50 pm, Blogger Bronwyn Jameson said...

Fields of fret. Love it!

Bron (also world class worrier about worrying)

 
At 9:02 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Thanks everyone! Still trying to get a grip on this thing.

There I was thinking I had a story, when it's looking more like a greased pig...

 
At 9:17 am, Blogger Julie Cohen said...

Ooh! Greased pig! GREAT fun!

 
At 6:17 pm, Blogger Dee Tenorio said...

Anna, you're my worry queen. Don't you regularly beat the crap out of me for worrying over stuff I can't do nuttin' about? (Is it only me??)

I've moved from worrywart to stressball, which I have to say is not an upgrade. Feel strung so tight they can play four years of funk music with my spine as the bass. So really going to try to take your advice. :)

Big hugs doll!
Dee
PS--I finally got a duvet!! (SOOOO happy, knew you'd remember my rabid blanket lust!)

 
At 7:05 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

YOU GOT A DUVET!!! YAY!

So pleased for you, snuggle queen... ggg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home