Friday, October 28, 2005

Made it

I was in the car at 6:15 this morning, when the road was just a tunnel of hedgebanks, picked out and made ghostly by the headlights.

My eyes were still a little watery from sleep, and I was wondering how I was going to put my hair up when I'd left my hair clip behind while dressing in the dark. I was thinking, "must remember to pass on that information to that group." I was thinking, "must remember to do that, and that, and that task at work." Then I was thinking:

"Made it."

You see, we go on holiday tomorrow. Nowhere special, except to us, not for long, just a week. A week of brooding coastlines and winter castles, a week of rain and wind and whatever the beginning of November throws at us. A week of Husband and I, together. Books, food, and TIME.

And, as ever, it's been a bit of a slog to get to the point where we can go on holiday, what with a busy time at work, the MA, and the building work.

But no matter how much I need to get done this morning, and how much packing there is still to do (ie, all of it, which is a great departure for someone who's usually thoroughly listed five days in advance and largely packed by now), it's Friday and tomorrow is Saturday and however hard Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were, I survived them, and conquered them and I have Made It.

It's all downhill from here.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

(See you in a week!)

6 Comments:

At 12:30 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

Have a wonderful, fantastic, brooding time with your hubby! See you when you get back.

 
At 12:14 pm, Blogger Julie Cohen said...

Have a great time, love.

 
At 4:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the vacation!!

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

And, something to blog about when you get home:

TAG! You're it!

Three screen names that you've had:

Three things you like about yourself:

Three things you don't like about yourself:

Three parts of your heritage:

Three things that scare you:

Three of your everyday essentials:

Three things you are wearing right now:

Three of your favorite songs:

Three things you want in a relationship:

Two truths and a lie:

Three things you can't live without:

Three places you want to go on vacation:

Three things you just can't do:

Three kids names:

Three things you want to do before you die:

Three celeb crushes:

Three of your favorite musicians:

Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeals to you:

Three of your favorite hobbies:

Three things you really want to do badly right now:

Three careers you're considering/you've considered:

Three ways that you are stereotypically a boy:

Three ways that you are stereotypically a girl:

Three people that I would like to see post this meme:

 
At 7:37 am, Blogger Michelle Styles said...

And as you were away and hadn't done Sela's I have tagged you as well

 
At 11:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home