Friday, September 30, 2005

Reasons I'm me

Just for fun....

I'm me because there are chocolate crumbs in my keyboard, cat hairs in my printer, crumbs in the car and ibuprofen in every drawer in the house. I'm me because I'd rather have flowers on the table than expensive food in the fridge.

Loving eye contact with one of my cats can make me smile all day. Each kiss from my husband lasts a lifetime.

I'm me because decisions matter, and politics doesn't. Because friends matter more than money, and life's too short to polish your taps. Because food is a feast, and not a fuel.

I'm me because making someone happy for half an hour makes me happy for half a day. My bed is the one with three duvets, a patchwork quilt, a dressing gown and two cats on it. My space has an average of twenty books within arms reach. I can't go a single day without writing some form of words, and every word I write strains to tell a story.

I'm me because I can be a genuis and a dunce at the same time. I'm me when I can't add two three-figure numbers, and try and spend the same £100 four times. I'm me when Husband tells me off for belching, when I floss my teeth on the sofa, and when I bite my nails.

I'm an impatient driver, a faithful (but forgetful) friend and an occasionally conscientious worker. I'm me when someone makes the mistake of thinking I'm dumb because I laugh a lot, and I'm 100% me when I prove them wrong. Laughing.

I'm me when I know I have a high IQ, but I'm more me because I know it doesn't make any difference.

I'm me because of the words, the words, the words.

And maybe the smile.

11 Comments:

At 12:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep that's you - and proving inimitably that you can be a
b genuis
and a dunce both at the same time!
But very definitely the laughter - and the smile - and the hugs. The head on the shoulder, will this ever end, very very special hugs.

And I'm so so glad that you're you

See you soon
Love

Kate

 
At 1:18 pm, Blogger Melani Blazer said...

Beautiful, Anna, and everyone of those the reason I love you so very deeply. You're a true friend because you're true to yourself. And Kate--hug her for me when you see her!

 
At 1:25 pm, Blogger Dee Tenorio said...

Awww, Anna. You know what? That's why I like being your friend.

:)
Smooch,
Dee

 
At 5:05 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

*sigh* Yup that's you... oh and also you are THE WARRIOR QUEEN ready to do battle on behalf of loved ones everywhere!

Love ya
Bidsxx

 
At 5:06 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

BTW the sigh in the post before was because you are too far away!!

 
At 6:17 pm, Blogger Julie Cohen said...

Yes. Definitely too far away.

And so glad you're you.

 
At 8:55 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Awww, guys! You're making me blush. :-)

Husband said he's him (if you see what I mean) because he has a green Simpsons tea mug with a one pint capacity, which is stained dark brown from excessive tanin....

 
At 11:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And that is why we love you (and wish you weren't so far away)

 
At 8:16 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

*sniff* Friends far away where you can't hug them is very, very tough. I love YOU!

 
At 10:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made me smile.

Lori :)

 
At 6:53 pm, Blogger fin said...

funny stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home