Sunday, August 13, 2006

It is a far, far better thing...

Think of me today.

I'm cleaning the house.

*whimper*

The truth is, Husband does the majority of the hoovering. But 'doing the hoovering' is not the same as dusting, polishing, tidying, hoovering PROPERLY (ie, into the edges) and moving things around with a nice eye for interior design.

Most of the time, it doesn't matter. I've never prioritised cleaning all that high (cleaning never threatens writing, for example), and untidiness bugs me more than dust and detritus.

But when friends and family come to stay, I clean thoroughly for two reasons - 1) I like them to be comfortable in my home, and clean is more relaxing than dirty and 2) It's a good reason to give the house a good clean and get on top of things.

Oh, and I dropped a tomato in the kitchen the other day, and when it finally stopped rolling and I picked it up, it had its own fur jacket.

I like to take that as a hint, you know?

4 Comments:

At 1:31 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

The buyers came yesterday to measure the rooms for furniture. It was the first time all four of us have cleaned together. Usually, it's just me frantically doing eight things at once (and none very well) while yelling at the kids to pick up their rooms. Yesterday dh and I *both* yelled at the kids to pick up their rooms. *gg*

Since my house got so beautifully cleaned for showing, I've been trying to move as little as possible, for fear I'll make a mess.

 
At 1:13 pm, Blogger Michelle Styles said...

see you the one tomato and will raise a recently discovered dried clementine of uncertain vintage, lurking with dust.

 
At 2:37 pm, Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

I can only live in my place for so long before the clutter really starts to bother me. But it's amazing what you can live with. ;)

 
At 5:01 pm, Blogger Dee Tenorio said...

Being sick has played hell with my OCD. I'm getting better and am now fighting OCD to appease "He-Who-Will-Kill-Me-If-I-Push-Too-Hard" to do small bits of cleaning throughout the day. However, since we all must now play hopscotch to maneuver the living room, I doubt he's going to get TOO mad if I make space to vacuum. :)

Smooches,
Dee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home