Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Monday Musings on Tuesday

I didn't have much to say yesterday... actually, I'm not sure I have much to say today!

As an interesting exercise, I've tried to identify the top three things occupying my mind at the moment. I'm not sure if they're revealing, or just plain crazy. *rolling eyes*

1) Wanting a baby
A complete no-brainer, that one, eh? I had my first acupuncture session on Monday. They're right - it doesn't hurt at all. I'm now recording my basal body temperature so we can measure the effectiveness of the treatment, and feel a bit like a character in a baby-related sitcom... I tell you, give it another six months and I'll be dancing naked around standing stones.

2) Eating healthily.
You wouldn't think it could be this complicated. According to the diet recommended by the doctor all fats are the Devil Incarnate. According to another version of the same type of diet, all sugars are the Devil Incarnate. I'm trying to tread a careful path between the two, but it's taking an inordinate amount of brain power. I do, though, weigh less now than I have in about three years, so perhaps the brain effort is burning calories?

3) Oblivion
I hate to admit it, but I'm a PC gamer slut. I. Can't. Resist. Good. Games. And before you raise your eyes to heaven and wonder how I can waste my time, I hardly ever watch TV. I watch DVDs with Husband over dinner, and I watch movies late at night if I can't sleep. So when you're pinned to Lost or 24 or Corrie or whatever, that's my game time... k? The last time I actually tried to follow a series on TV it was Rome. I managed to watch about 50% of the episodes without having to work, or write, or cook, and now I'm thoroughly enjoying the DVDs. Octavian rules.

Anyway.

Truth is, I'm hardly ever playing Oblivion, either. Why? Because my computer is sadly defish... defici.... defich.... sadly crap. Oblivion only runs on Husband's computer. And it only runs on his at lowest spec.

Which means, heaven defend me, I've turned a computer game into a spectator sport. Yes, I sit beside Husband, with Pippi on my lap, while he slays Daedra, singes rats and assassinates elves. I gasp, cheer, and criticise his gameplay.

I am a back-seat gamer.

3 Comments:

At 3:43 pm, Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

It's really hard to eat healthy. I've had to do it since they diagnosed me with diabetes back in February. But it was really the push I needed to start taking better care of myself. And even though I'm not good as gold all the time (I'm having a MAJOR craving for a hamburger for lunch), it feels good to know that I'm much healthier than I was six months ago.

I had acupuncture quite a few times. There were times when the needles HURT. But all in all, not a bad experience. I hope that this will work for you!

 
At 4:37 pm, Blogger Nell Dixon said...

Reflexology worked well for me when I was having my treatments.

 
At 4:03 pm, Blogger Dee Tenorio said...

Hey Anna--Email Me! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home