Sunday, November 26, 2006

Wot I did on my weekend...

I have three jobs (counting writing) and one of them is with the Cumbria's Cooking project. Cumbria's Cooking is all about connecting local food and local people, and this weekend we were braving the cold weather in Victorian costume, offering tasters and recipes at the Ulverston Dickensian festival.

This festival attracts something like 30,000 visitors over the weekend, and it seemed like all of them wanted to take my picture... My colleagues costumes were rented. Mine... *coughs with embarassment* was self-assembled. Well, apart from the blouse. I don't go in for sleeves like that ordinarily. Honest.

The brooch at the neck belonged to my Grandma, the cap was bought from the ironbridge museum, and the skirts (there's a white, boderie anglaise trimmed summer skirt under the black one) are my very own. I added a lace hankie, and a chain pinned to my apron (which was made of a small lace tablecloth, folded in half) contained three old-fashioned keys and a small candle snuffer.

It's the details, you know.


I'm so ashamed. I just like dressing up, okay?


Equally mad colleagues

8 Comments:

At 11:00 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

PS - I'm knackered. I've worked something like 60 hours this week, over all 7 days.

PPS - those are my shawls in the second picture, too.

PPPS - Knackered or not, I wouldn't have missed it. ;-)

 
At 11:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool Anna.
Take care of yourself!

 
At 9:12 am, Blogger Michelle Styles said...

Not mad! Justh aving lots of fun and providing local colour.
It loks like you had a lot of fun!!!!

 
At 11:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!

 
At 1:19 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

YAY!! Glad it worked out. You look fab!

 
At 2:45 pm, Blogger Beth Ciotta said...

Awesome costume, Anna. You creative devil, you. Sounds like a fun time! (Get some rest!)

 
At 9:05 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

You're so cuuuuuuute! Not sure what this means, but none of that info surprised me at all. Hmmm.

 
At 2:10 am, Blogger Danica Favorite said...

Very cool! I'm so jealous! I'd love to do something like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home