Thursday, April 19, 2007

Today's Learning

Today's Learning is this: I should never own a fast car.

Don't worry, I haven't had an accident, or even a near miss. Honest.

Only the garage leant me this courtesy car for the day, while they fix my Megane. It's not as if it's a Subaru or anything - it's only a Renault Clio. But after years of driving a diesel, and a few weeks of driving a 998cc Micra, I was... enjoying myself.

Enjoying myself rather a lot. Enjoying myself for 40 miles, from one town centre to another, including two sets of traffic lights, five roudabouts and two sets of roadworks, and only a few miles of dual carriageway. In the 30mph speed limit zones, I was doing about 28mph.

Enjoying myself for 40 miles..... in 40 minutes.

Holy Moly.

I really need to know what's under that bonnet, because that thing MOVES.

But I should never own a car that makes me go, when making a decision on an overtaking manoeuvre, "ah, what the hell."

Mind you, it did it safely every time, with yards to spare, but still. I should never own a car like this.

No.

Blimey.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:45 pm, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

O love my father's Mercedes. It's a rocket. And no, I can't image to ever drive a diesel or other snail. :)

 
At 9:57 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

I've just found out it's a 1.5 litre diesel, Gabriele. Can you believe it?

And it's still the fastest car I've ever driven. And I've driven V8s in my time.

Wowsers.

 
At 7:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, my friend, are a dangerous woman.

Hope you don't make the narrowboat break the speed limit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home