Thursday, March 15, 2007

My New Trick

I have a new Trick! I've long struggled with resting when I need to, when there's so much I want to do... It's especially hard when I have a day off and want a lie-in. Now, we're not talking about student level lie-ins, I hasten to add. Even dozing till 8am would be good. But inevitably I'm half awake at 7am and immediately thinking that I ought to be doing something.

So what's my new trick?

Watch closely now... I get up when I wake up. I do some chores or some writing. But THEN... I go back to bed.

Oh, bliss! I take a book and maybe a slice of toast. I acquire a cat or two. And I feel that I have permission to lounge. I am wallowing in the luxury of rest-time earned. Fabulous.

Then, when I get up again around lunchtime, it actually feels like I've somehow already spent a day, when actually there are hours left to fill with fruitful and fun things.

I recommend it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:16 am, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh you crafty devil you! Might try that.

 
At 9:49 pm, Blogger Susan Rix said...

Hi Anna,

There's nothing like guilt-free resting is there?

I've had (and still have) similar battles with myself. I now write in bed some days, or I go back to bed after I've accomplished my goal, giving myself permission to enjoy the rest of my 'duvet' day/morning/afternoon - it's heaven!

Sue :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home