Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I'm still standing....

... better than I ever did.

But my computer's still not fixed. In fact, they can't find the problem yet. I wonder if, in my regular communications with the IT shop, I'm injecting enough of the earth-shattering panic and soul-searing withdrawal I'm experiencing?

The computer in my car is still not fixed, either. So when we've had that done (after Christmas) and finished paying for it (sometime in the new millennium) we're going to trade in that car and get something else. Note to prospective Renault Megane buyers: the engine has been the most incredibly reliable engine we've ever owned. The brakes, suspension, dashboard array and, most notably, the windscreen wiper motor, have been... crap. You have been warned.

Anyway. I just wanted to let you know I'm still around, but computer-less. In all honesty, I'm quite enjoying the break. But I MISS YOU ALL!!

(And Husband's keyboard is lagg-y and has coffee stains on it... *whimper*)

Some of Husband's key sayings this morning:-

"If you're looking at me, I'm going to poke you in the face, and I don't know where because my eyes are closed."

"I would never forget Imperial Purple knickers."

"Oh sod you and your telephonic vision."

ME: "Purr for me Pillow Pippi? Awww, Pillow Pippi is Sulky...."
Husband: "Pippi is being sulky because you're baby talking at her."
ME: "Your Highness, I would deem it a signal honour if you owuld deign to purr for me."
Husband: "And now you're patronising her."

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:13 am, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Great to see you back, if only briefly. Thanks for the warning re the car. We will be changing ours this year so we'll give that make a miss!

 
At 10:38 am, Blogger Yvonne said...

Hi, I'm new here. The curse of the broken computer strikes, bad luck. But like you said it's nice to have the break sometimes...and the IT shop deserve to experience some of your panic and withdrawal I reckon!

 
At 7:25 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

There you are! Sorry about the computer and the car troubles. Perhaps if a LOT of people called your IT shop and imparted a portion of panic, it might inspire them to move more quickly to find a solution?

 
At 1:52 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Welcome, hellojed. :-) Thanks for popping in!

Frankly, akelamalu, we're planning on changing our Megane when we've got it fixed. Garage date 19th April! Went out this morning and couldn't start it at all!!! How am I going to get it to the garage???

LOL Sela. :-) The verdict's in, actually - and it's a wipe and reinstall job. Windows is corrupted and will only repair so far.... They can copy all my files, though, and I do have backups.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home