Thursday, May 03, 2007

Holiday!

Let me start by saying this. A narrowboat holiday is no place for vanity. By day two you're resigned to wearing the same clothes for the rest of the week, usually zipped into a tatty waterproof. And you don't care....

Here Lock Master 2 "My Hair! My Beautiful Hair!" Scamans is modelling the latest narrowboat fashions. Hey, Lock Master 2? Duck!



We had a wonderful time. We had a priorities sorted right from the start - here you can see Commodore "SuDoKu" Lucia and Galley Slave "Flora Britannica" Lucia loading essential supplies...





Now boating on the canals is hard work. See the concentration on Captain "Ramming Speed" Lucia's face here, and the dedication on Lock Master 1 "Beer Me" Scamans' face, too.





It's a quiet holiday, but that's not to say you don't meet people. People like The Angry Swan, Ubiquitous Heron and family, Diverse Dodging Ducklings and The Lord High Mandarin

But I'm overloading this post with photos, so I'll have to introduce you to them, and to more views and vistas later this week.... enjoy!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see the Lucia/Scamans clan in such fine fettle.

And I know, boat fashion is really something, isn't it? On my parents' boat, my mother and aunts and I often have competitions about who can grow our leg and armpit hair the longest.

 
At 9:31 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time...despite the wardrobe issues :-)

 
At 5:47 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like the Lucia/Scamans were taking the fight to the waterways of Shropshire ;-)

I'm glad you all had a fab time!! More photos please!!

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger Beth Ciotta said...

Never too many pictures! Looks like you had a fab time, Anna. Color me envious. :-)

 
At 4:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun! Welcome back!

 
At 3:34 pm, Blogger Anne McAllister said...

What fun, Anna. And the wardrobe issues are far preferable to those "I have to take how many changes of clothes for a conference?" wail.

Well, it would be for me, anyway. And it sounds like you had a fabulous time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home