Sunday, May 20, 2007

It's Official!

For one reason or another, I never got around to going public with some excellent news.

I'm delighted to announce that my second book, Dangerous Lies, will be published by Medallion Press in 2009.

Let's celebrate by looking at one of the inspirations for Alan....



Mmmmmm.

I've sold my second book! Can you believe it?!?

As you know, Run Among Thorns (available June 2008) is Jenny Waring and Kier McAllister's story. Now, Jenny has a brother – Alan – who leads something of a double life. A double life that catches up with him with a vengeance when he allows himself to be beguiled by a holiday romance with pretty, unsophisticated Marianne Forster.

Dangerous Lies is their story.

You know, I was braced to have all sorts of problems selling my second. I know so many people who've tripped over all sorts of bad luck, bad timing and bad communication in trying to make that second sale, I feel enormously privileged to have breezed through this so easily. J I'm told that Dangerous Lies is an excellent book (by Julie, who is a Writing Goddess, and I am therefore forced to believe her), but even excellent books hit problems… I sent off the partial in every expectation of waiting some months before maybe getting a request to see the full MS (if I was lucky) and was stunned by a quick offer of a contract only a few weeks later.

I suppose I was just lucky this time.

Who knows, perhaps book three is going to be my nemesis?

In any case, if you had hell with your second book, whether it was performance pressure, incomprehensible lack of publisher interest or just damn bad luck, I raise my glass to you.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 5:46 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Mega congrats :-)

 
At 6:50 pm, Blogger Nell Dixon said...

Yay, Anna, wtg!!!

 
At 8:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(God I love saying this)

I told you so.

 
At 9:30 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Tee hee... I love saying "I told you so!" too.

 
At 2:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY Anna!!! Congratulations!

 
At 6:33 am, Blogger Michelle Styles said...

Why am I not surprised?

You rock Big Time. Hooray for you!!!!!

 
At 7:51 am, Blogger Jessica Raymond said...

Many congratulations, Anna, that's wonderful news!

Jess x

 
At 1:29 am, Blogger Danielle Marie Peck said...

Yay!! Congrats, I'm so happy for you.

 
At 8:00 pm, Blogger Edie Ramer said...

Congratulations, Anna! You go!

 
At 8:56 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

LOL Julie & Biddy! Yes, you did indeed tell me so!

Thanks so much Liz, Nell, Mary Beth, Michelle, Jessica, Danielle and Edie!

You guys are good to me!

 
At 9:23 pm, Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

Congrats.

Nice inspiration, too. :)

 
At 10:09 pm, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

Woohoo! Congrats, Anna!

 
At 7:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Annaof! So proud of you.

LindaC

 
At 4:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats with a cherry on top!

J.A.S.Z.I.

http://unitedstatesunderattack.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home