Sunday, September 11, 2005

The best laid plans...

... of ducks and bacterium.

Which has to be my best blog post title yet. I'm so proud.

I achieved some of those goals yesterday - I slept well, I fiddled with some of the workshop info, and I DID actually go for a walk. I didn't really want to, and it was only a few miles round a lake, but I achieved.

The weather was lovely, the landscape breathtaking, and Mrs Duck joined me for lunch, very politely accepting morsels of pastry from my fingers, and waddling off to soak them in the water so she could eat them more easily.

I intended to do some writing in the evening, too. However, around the time I was serving dinner, it was brough to my attention in an uncompromising fashion that the meat pie I had consumed for lunch had been a smidge past its best before date.

Have you seen "Hitch"? That scene where he has a violent food allergy and they're hurrying round a store going, "Benadryl! Benadryl! Benadryl!!!"? Half an hour later I was rummaging in the medicine cupboard in a similarly strained fashion going, "Immodium! Immodium! Immodium!!!"

Thankfully I found some. Blessed medication.

The short affliction reached farcical proportions when I decided my stomach had settled and I was safe to take a bath. *Sigh*. Not so.

I only hope, for Mrs Duck's sake, the badness was confined to the filling, and not the pastry. On the other hand, she has the advantage of not having to heave herself out of the water to poop.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 am, Blogger Julie Cohen said...

Poor you. I hope all has settled down.

 
At 12:26 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Yeah, I'm fine *g*. A little washed out. But it was rather funny, really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home