Monday, September 19, 2005

And StoppedHERE

Wow. That was a considerable amount of time spent staring at the blank screen, moaning, groaning and literally tugging at my hair.

I've felt out of writing for so long, there's an almost nostalgic quality about the feeling. Like when you meet up with a relative you haven't seen for ages, and go, "oh, do you remember when I was six, and smacked your two front teeth out with the swing? Aha ha ha ha ha."

I seem to have forgotten who my heroine is. And when I try to write her out onto the page, her voice has changed. *shiver* I do not like that feeling.

This will improve.

3 Comments:

At 12:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{Anna}} it will improve. Just muscles that aren't used to being stretched. Before you know it, you'll be fluid once again.

Lori :)

 
At 5:51 am, Blogger Julie Cohen said...

I agree with Lori--stretch and you'll be fluid. (Gets mental image of puddles of sweat...)

And the heroine's voice changing is not necessarily a bad thing. Remember you've grown and had time to reflect on this wip since you last wrote it. Explore a little bit and see where it takes you.

 
At 12:40 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

I know the feeling. I wrote 5 pages yesterday and my brain hurts this morning. But if I write 5 more today, then tomorrow it won't hurt as much. By next week, I may be able to do 7 without much added pain, then 10, then....

AAAAHAHAHHAAHAAA!! The globe will lay at my feet, subservient to my every wish!!!

Oh. Whoops. Sorry. I think Biddy's plan for world domination may have rubbed off a bit. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home