Sunday, November 06, 2005

The wanderer returns

Halloo!

Yes, we're back. Well, we got back yesterday, actually, but we're still clearing up the house after the builders. The wonderful parents baby-sat our house and cats for us, and we got to spend the afternoon with them yesterday, too.

Ah, what can I say about the Northumberland Coast? Wild, remote, bright and grey by equal turns. It rained, of course, but with excellent timing - usually just after we stepped inside.

We had a wonderful time. I read an Alistair Maclean (Bear Island), a Colin Dexter (The Wench is Dead) and two Harry Potters (a first for me - and I'm not sure I *like* them, but I dont' seem to be able to put them down... odd). Husband ploughed his way through several Simon Scarrows. We played black twos (card game), one deadly serious and highly bankrupt game of monopoly, and several other games my natural modesty and reticence forbids me to discuss in public forum....

We also *may* have played around like children on the beach. There is a vicious rumour that Husband wrestled me to the sand when I dared to push him, and certainly on several occasions we returned to our cottage soaked to the knees. Considering it's November, and damn cold, this is true dedication to the cause of horseplay.

It wasn't our fault, y'r honour. There was this post, see, and the tide was coming in in big breakers, and you had to see if you could run out between waves, see, and touch the post for the count of three without getting wet and.... Well, never mind.

Personally, I think messing around on beaches (minds out of the gutter, please) ranks right up there with messing around on boats. Perfect.


Just us. Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

At 7:09 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

Perfect. You're right. It does sound perfect. Glad you're back, dearest.

 
At 10:57 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds great. Glad your back.

 
At 1:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so lovely. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 2:13 am, Blogger vanessa jaye said...

Awww. You two sound so in love. ::sappy sniffle:: Glad you had a great time, hon.

 
At 3:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your vacation really sounds great! And welcome back!

 
At 8:01 pm, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time! Positively perfect! I envy you guys!

 
At 9:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Anna! And the Northumberland coast... oh, I am envious. Lovely place. (I want to live there one day. Provided there is no snow or ice.)

Ever read Catherine Fox's "Love for the Lost"? Because what you described reminds me of a very good scene in that book...

Kate H (who isn't really anonymous but Blogger hates me tonight)

 
At 9:11 pm, Blogger Julie Cohen said...

Glad to have you both back, hon. So happy you had a good time.

 
At 7:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome time! Welcome back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home