Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Water, water...

Have you drunk enough water today? We're supposed to drink 8 glasses of water a day, and it's easy enough to turn on the tap and fill a glass. Or we can pop down the supermarket and buy any one of dozens of bottles of spring water, from the cheap and cheerful to the distinctly high-class.

Drinking good, clean water helps your body work better, it improves your hair, complexion, digestion, mood, concentration, hormone production, energy levels and can help weight loss.

Drinking bad water kills you.

Over a billion people in the world have to drink water that might kill them.

As you probably know, I love water - I love the taste, touch, smell and feel of it. I love it falling from the sky, soaking the earth, running merrily in rivers and mirroring the sky in lakes. So when a colleague told me she was walking up Knock Fell in support of Water Aid I was very happy to sponsor her.

I thought maybe you would be, too.

Sam Bramwell's Sponsorship Page

Thank you.

7 Comments:

At 1:46 pm, Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

I'm always drinking water at work, but I have a harder time making myself drink it at home. I need to improve on that.

 
At 8:43 am, Blogger Jessica Raymond said...

I know I don't drink enough, but I know we're very lucky to have good water available.

 
At 2:46 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

I know some of you have followed through and made a donation - Many, many thanks!!!

Mum (who, scarily, is a regular reader here!) contacted me to say that Water Aid is one of the charities my parents make a regular donation to. Quite topically, since we've just discovered that Dad brought a waterbourne stomach bug back from his last trip in the pyrenees! Thankfully, he has doctors and medication at his fingertips, and will be fine, but not everyone is so lucky.

So, again, THANK YOU!

 
At 5:54 pm, Blogger Dee Tenorio said...

Hey Anna, I hope your Dad feels better!

So, um, I've been trying to work my way up to 8 glasses a day. I'm up over 36 oz a day, for the most part, when I'm not too sick. (Believe me, you won't ALWAYS enjoy the smell of water)

But tell me...does the water requirement for pregnant women go up...when you're having twins?

Hee hee!
Dee

 
At 8:08 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

The antibiotics are working well for Dad, thanks Dee! Although I do think he heads out to the Pyrenees again on Monday...

As for your other comment... um. Is this a rhetorical questions, or do I have to slap you silly for achieving my secret fantasy before me???

 
At 4:56 pm, Blogger Dee Tenorio said...

LOL...um...I'm not sure it's safe for the babies for me to answer that. :)


MMMMWAH!
Dee

 
At 8:51 am, Blogger Jessica Raymond said...

Hi Anna -- You may already know, but there is a new Q&A thread (for this week only) on EHQ with Patience Smith, discussing the new Sil. Romantic Suspense line (revamped SIM). I remember that you, too, were targetting them at one point so thought I'd let you know. Don't know if I can post the link -- the discussion is about halfway down the "Silhouette Series" section. Jess x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home