Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Christmas comes but once a year....

But takes months to prepare for.

Of course, I love it. I was shocked and delighted to find our main house lights - a string of white icicle lights - still work after a year of being up in all weathers. Putting them up to gutter height on our lofty house with a set of rickety ladders is so difficult and dangerous we leave them up there. They're white, so they're not too conspicious.



Those are the Carlisle City Christmas lights - I wish I could take a picture to do them justice. They are absolutely beautiful, themed around Christmas carols.

Are the lights near you good? Are you subtle with lighting your home, or wildly extravagant?

2 Comments:

At 1:27 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

Dh has fantasies of being "the" house to see at Christmas. We haven't managed it yet, but I foresee a future of extravagance for this home.

 
At 12:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lights in Reading are nice this year. Blue and silver and white, with lots of stars in the trees. I took the time to stop and really look this year, thanks to your description of Carlisle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home