Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Old fashioned weepie

Ahhhhhhhh.

I just happily cried my way through Love Actually again. Sometimes it's good to just wail at something unashamedly romantic, don't you think?

Christmas stuff is proceeding apace, although I may just have bitten off more than I can chew by planning to give homemade treats this year. Excellent! Nothing like a challenge, eh?

We put up a small, artificial tree in an alcove in the living room. We talked about betting on how many times the cats would knock it over, but thought it was probably a dead cert. The count so far, since yesterday evening? Three. And one of those, when I righted it, I found a nice, round flat patch where one of the kitties had been sleeping in it.

*rolling eyes*

Right. Off to drain the raspberry vodka....

5 Comments:

At 2:48 pm, Blogger Jennah said...

Isn't that a wonderful movie? I loved it too. Just saw it on TV for the first time last week.

Your cats sound priceless. Mine, thankfully, is older and sleeps under the tree.

 
At 10:25 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

I bought it a couple of months ago, but haven't watched it for a long time. Heard Mariah Carey sing "All I Want For Christmas is You" and realized how much I want to see it again!

Colin Firth is so wonderful!

 
At 6:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Maybe the artificial tree will keep them from sleeping in the real one?

 
At 12:47 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Watched it last night... *sigh* Alan Rickman's voice ;-)

 
At 10:31 pm, Blogger Edie Ramer said...

I LOVE Love Actually. I bought it this summer from the clearance rack for $2 and we've watched it about 4 times since. That movie has layers, and I notice something new each time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home