Saturday, December 09, 2006

View from the Champagne bar...

Have you ever noticed how the following things make you feel awful out of all proportion to the injury?

1. Stubbing your toe, for example.
2. Mouth ulcers.
3. A blocked nose.
4, A bad cold.

And it IS a cold I have. I'm of the, "if I can get out of bed, crawl downstairs and make a cup of tea, it's not flu," persuasion. Last time I had flu, Mum had to take a 3 hour drive to come and look after me, because I couldn't get out of bed and stay upright, and Husband had to go to work. I remember it vividly. This is not flu.

I don't have:

1. A headache
2. Aches and pains
3. A sore throat
4. Shakes
5. A fever

(You can stay where you are and keep looking after Dad and yourself, Mum!)

I do have a streaming nose and a cough. And a sensation of being made out of cold, wet, flannel.

We also appear to have in the house:

1. An excessive amount of champagne*
2. A very large Christmas tree, mostly decorated
3. Lots and lots of boxes of decorations
4. A preponderance of poinsettias
5. And many snotty tissues.



*Husband was given some for doing well at work, I was given some by my local chapter for selling my first book. I also have a bottle-in-waiting for every Ms I ever finished. One of those was drunk in McWife's honour, but we already had another from a past boss of Husband's, so we're still one up on the deal.

Husband and I were to be seen early on Friday morning unloading from the car champagne for his colleagues, singing to the tune of The First Nowell, "Mo-et, Moet! Moet, Moet! Born in the King of Cha-a-am-pagne!"

On the other hand, I'm not sure it's possible to have an excessive amount of champagne in the house.

3 Comments:

At 12:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, you can never have too much champagne in the house. I currently only have one and some extremely expensive whiskey, both awaiting the baby's birth.

I hope you feel better soon, love.

 
At 4:58 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

Dh stocked up with two bottles for the holidays -- yay!

No dear. Of course it's not the flu. Feeling better yet?

To help you on your way to recovery, you've been tagged!

 
At 12:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for permission to stay at home and look after your father and my own cold!
Fortunately I do not like champagne preferring and a good red wine. And for goodness sake, daughter of mine,learn to spell!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home