Sunday, July 03, 2005

Pussy/Punishment/Prodigy

We used to spend a lot of money on fly spray about this time of year. We live backed onto a farm, and this is bluebottle season - those single-minded little blue-black bullets that ricochet around the house.

But I haven't laid my hand on a fly spray canister yet this year. Why? Because we have Minnie. And Minnie is turning out the be the most efficient feline fly killer in existence.

So far today she's had at least five. And those are just the ones I've witnessed.

She's doing a sterling job. And it's environmentally friendly, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since it's taken me four hours in an atmosphere of dread to psyche myself up to open the WIP today, I should probably chuck the whole writing pantomime.

I won't though. I'm nothing if not a glutton for punishment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But now I do have the WIP open, I have a couple of tasks to ease myself into it, a large glass of ginger-wine-and-lemonade and The Prodigy on mediaplayer.

I'll let you know if it helps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And if you thought from the title that this post was going to be rude, go and slap yourself on the wrist.... ;-)

9 Comments:

At 8:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did the wine-and-lemonade thingy help? (What kind of combo IS that anyway???)

Angie the Hippo

 
At 9:14 pm, Blogger Julie Cohen said...

*slaps self*

 
At 9:37 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

*snort* @ Julie

Ah, Angie - it's a lovely summer drink! Lots of lime and ice... Ginger wine isn't like wine at all, it's strong and spicy, and I use it as a shot in longer drinks.

And yes, it kinda worked. I did a good two hours of writing. Can't give you a page total, really, as I was re-ordering scenes and sorting a few things out. But it was progress.

Thanks for asking. :-)

 
At 6:03 am, Blogger Michelle Styles said...

For some writers -- it is open a vein and bleed on the page every time they write.
So you are in the company of writers on this thing.

Hooray on actually opening the wip!!!

 
At 8:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on the writing progress.

And can Minnie please pay us a visit and train my dogs to do that? (We have fields and horses behind us.)

 
At 11:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

::slapping::

 
At 1:55 pm, Blogger Beth Ciotta said...

Heh-heh. Well, the title certainly did make me want to read on. :) What the ?? :)

Have to say that ginger wine lemonade drink thingee sounds interesting. I wonder if they have ginger wine here in the States? Is it alcoholic?

Good luck on the WIP, Anna!!

 
At 4:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Michelle smacks herself)

Wine and lemonade sounds interesting...good luck on the wip!

 
At 6:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, I knew it had to be about one of your cats...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home