Thursday, January 25, 2007

Four!

I’m female, so I’m a multi-tasker. This manifests itself in a variety of ways – reading on the loo, writing in the car (via Dictaphone), plotting while praising husband on his annihilation of the Mongols in Medieval Total War II, taking the bean goulash off the stove with the left hand, taking a serving spoon out the drawer with the right hand and closing the vegetable drawer with the right foot at the same time – I’m definitely a multi-tasker.

This is a very, very good thing.

Because currently, without my trying very hard to do it, I seem to have ended up working on four books at once. Proofing Run Among Thorns, finishing Taken, revising a partial of Dangerous Lies and mentally plotting WIP #6. Which I shouldn’t be doing, because Danger: Deep Water hasn’t been plotted yet, and that’s nominally WIP #5.

Sometimes, only a WTF? will do.

Are you a one-at-a-time kind of person, or is it the more the merrier for you?

4 Comments:

At 6:05 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said...

I can only multi-task for short periods before the spinning plates all crash down.

Go Anna!!

 
At 5:41 pm, Blogger Susan Rix said...

Oh myyyyyyyyyy - I did a double-take when I read that you're working on FOUR books at once!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm preparing myself to multi-task with my writing but at the moment I'm only working on an outline for my wip, and a short-story. FOUR?!! *shakes head* not even gonna go there!!

Wow, FOUR books - I'm very impressed...

Sue :-)

 
At 9:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, Anna, go!!!

While you are a Master Mult-tasker, I'm only a Journeyman Multi-tasker.

And it depends on what I'm doing - chores, routine stuff - totally multi-tasking as I go.

A new task or something really interesting, I would love to just focus on that - but rarely have the time and even then.

Lori :)

 
At 9:14 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Thank you Sela, Sue, and Lori!

My Heavens, Sela, I'm supposed to not break the plates??!! ;-)

Sue, I'm not really CHOOSING to work on four at once, it's just happened that way... and the progress is therefore a quarter of what I'd expect on one!

Yes, that's my frustration, too, Lori. Multi-tasking is all very well, but wouldn't it be nice to focus on ONE INTERESTING THING once in a while?

*sigh*

Life's never simple, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home