Friday, January 26, 2007

Reasons to be Sqeeful

I received a sneak peak at my evolving website today.

Oh, wow. I wish I could show you.... but I won't till it's all ready, and that could take some time, seeing as I haven't started writing the content yet! Eeeek!

I've also been buying books - I haven't read romance for a few months, been on a Terry Pratchett binge, but I've been collecting recently. I bought Michelle's latest, A Noble Captive the three Brides books from Kate Walker, Anne McAllister and Liz Fieldings's contest (details here) and Julie Cohen's Driving Him Wild. There was a Kate Hardy title there that I badly wanted to buy, too, but it was set in a maternity ward, and, frankly, I'm just not that strong. Weepie romance, yes. Maternity wards, yes. Both, um, no.

Actually, I think I'll go back and get it, because I can always read it... after, one way or another, can't I?

Don't you just love buying friends' books? I do. Makes me feel all warm and sqeeful.

Anyway, I want to have a stack of titles for when I finish with the Discworld oevre, and I fancy being romanced again.

Do you find what you want to read goes in phases?

4 Comments:

At 7:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup.

I just had a Dan Brown re-read fest, fending off a Rowling re-read fest, and of course Betty's always trying to charm me.

Read The Amber Room yesterday (Berry). Next up is a little light reading--Stalking Crimes and Victim Protection.

But after that will come Gone by Lisa Gardner, and then Eragon which I've been hoarding in some sort of Freudian delayed gratification fugue.

I'm never gonna get anything done.

 
At 8:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For Heaven's sake, Anna¬ what is a Discworld "egg"? Do you mean "genre"? Your long suffering Mother.

 
At 9:30 pm, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said...

Mmmmm Bettyyyyy..... Excellent choices, Wax.

No, Mum, I meant oeuvre, but the 'u' played hide and seek with me... ;-)

 
At 2:58 pm, Blogger Nell Dixon said...

I just finished a contemporary single title jag and now I'm in the mood for some chick-lit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home